Craving those hot Sunday morning pancakes? Well, we’ve collected 3 easy pancake recipes for you to try! Make them for the kids, or just for yourself!
3 Easy Pancake Recipes for you to try out
Good Old Fashioned Pancakes
Now this is one that everyone’s mums and grandmothers know how to make. The Classic, Old Fashioned Pancake recipe is sure to cater to everyone’s tastes.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar all together. Create a well in the center and add the milk, egg, and melted butter. Mix until smooth.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Lightly butter the pan.
- Scoop the batter onto the pan, using approximately 1/4 cup of the batter for each pancake. Cook until the pancakes are golden brown on each side.
- Serve alone or with toppings. For some topping ideas, scroll down to the bottom of the article.
Rejoice, dairy-free and vegan pancake lovers! This recipe contains no animal or dairy products, so you can enjoy the taste of pancakes without compromising on your lifestyle.
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup + 1-2 tablespoons unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and gently fold together until the mixture is wet. Aim for a clumpy texture, and avoid over-mixing.
- Let the batter rest for 8-9 minutes. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray. Scoop the batter onto the pan, using approximately 1/4 cup of the batter for each pancake. Cook until the pancakes are golden brown on each side.
- Serve alone or with toppings. For some toppings ideas, scroll down to the bottom of the article.
Flourless, Banana Pancakes
This one is a unique recipe. Unlike the traditional recipes, this one doesn’t use flour, eggs, or butter in the batter. Instead, the core ingredients are healthy and nutritious, and can even be enjoyed by the gluten-free lifestyle.
- 1 cup gluten-free (or regular) rolled oats
- 1/4 cup milk (or substitute with other milks)
- 1 banana
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sticky sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Allow the batter to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Preheat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Scoop the batter onto the pan, using approximately 1/4 cup of the batter for each pancake. Cook until the pancakes are golden brown on each side.
- Serve alone or with toppings. For some toppings ideas, scroll down.
Toppings for your pancakes
Not sure what to put on your pancakes? Here are some ideas:
- Frozen Berries
- Greek Yogurt (Flavoured, for an extra taste)
- Syrups and Sauces: Lemon, Caramel, Chocolate, Maple, Golden
- Ice Cream
- Whipped Cream
- Fresh Fruit
- Berry Composite (Berries, sugar, water, boiled in a saucepan)
- Cocoa Powder
- Cream Cheese (Goes amazing with berry composite)
Let us know if you enjoyed these easy pancake recipes!