Cardamon and Orange Brulee Recipe
Looking for something simple, but a little bit fancy to finish your dinner? This Cardamon and Orange Brulee Recipe is sure to impress!
- 700ml Cream
- 150g Sugar
- 1 Vanilla pods
- 3 Large Egg yolks
- 20g Cardamon pods deseeded
- 1 Orange
1. Preheat an oven to 155°C
2. Deseed the vanilla pod and set seeds aside.
3. Boil the cream with the emptied vanilla pod, and once boiling switch off.
4. Meanwhile cream the sugar and egg yolks together along with the vanilla seeds and cardomon seeds.
5. Strain the cream.
6. When the cream has cooled for 10 minutes add half of the cream to the yolk and sugar mix. Mix.
7. Add the rest of the cream and then orange zest and juice.
8. Fill ramekins up to the first line. (Just below the rim)
9. Put the ramekins in a deep tray and fill the tray with boiling water so it reaches half way up the ramekins. (You may want to do this at the oven!)
10. Cover the tray with tin foil.
11. Bake for 35-45 minutes.
12. Check after 20 minutes and then every 5-10 minutes after that. Trying not to let the oven cool down to much.
13. Remove from the oven and allow it to sit out of the fridge in the tin foil for 10 minutes.
14. Don’t worry if they are not completely set they will set when cooling.
15. Remove tin foil but not the water and cool in the fridge.
When you are ready to serve do so with sugar and a blowtorch at hand!
Auckland private chef, caterer and food expert and owner of Beaufort + Co on Oteha Valley Road, Auckland. Visit my website at www.chefkevinblakeman.com to learn more and get in touch for your next event or occasion.