Zucchini Lasagne Recipe
This recipe is super tasty, filling, satisfying and cheesy, while still being low carb. One of the reasons I really love about it is that it’s super easy to make and you don’t miss the lasagne sheets as well, meaning this heavenly piece of goodness is gluten free too!!
- 150g beef mince
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tin tomato diced
- 60g spinach
- ½ courgette /zucchini, finely sliced into strips
- 50g ricotta
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 10g parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/
- In a pan sauté mince and onion together for 10 minutes, until onion has softened. Add garlic, oregano and tinned tomatoes, then cook down for for another 5-10 minutes. Add the spinach and stir through. Allow to cook down and thicken for 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix the nutmeg into the ricotta.
- Spread the mince evenly into an oven-proof dish. Layer on the courgette / zucchini strips, scoop over the ricotta and top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until your cheese goes golden brown, then let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with a crunchy green salad or steamed green vegetables and enjoy!