What is personal branding?
Personal Branding is about identifying and then communicating what makes you unique and relevant and differentiated for your target audience, so that you can reach your career and/or business goals. If you understand your strengths, skills, passions, and values, you can use this information to separate yourself from your competitors and really stand out.
Personal branding is very powerful because it sends a clear, consistent message about who you are and what you have to offer. A strong, authentic personal brand helps you become known for what you’re good at, sets you apart from everyone else, and can position you as a niche expert.
What are the benefits of a strong personal brand?
- Enhances your self-awareness. When you go through the Personal Branding process, you develop incredible self-understanding about what makes you unique, valuable, and powerful. It helps optimise and flaunt your strengths.
- Clarify and reach your goals. Personal branding requires you to be crystal clear on what you want to achieve and helps you set goals to get there.
- Create visibility and presence. Once you know what is unique and compelling about you or your company, you can use that information to create visibility/presence to those people who will help you achieve your goals.
- Discover your differentiation. Personal Branding will help you differentiate yourself from everyone else who has your job title or who says they are in the same business as you.
- Control and power. Personal Branding puts you in control of your business, the clients you have, the projects you work on, and how you want to deliver services by activating your self belief and confidence.
- Creates wealth. Strong brands charge a premium for their products and services, and differentiated job seekers who know their value can command higher salaries.
- Resilience. Strong brands are successful despite challenges and downturns in the economy because they stand for something unique and are differentiated. How strong is your personal brand?
SO: Where to start? Try some of the activities in this website, or if you’d like to book a one on one personal branding session with me, get in touch! Send me an email: [email protected]